Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Review - Hearts Under Fire - Outlines

 
I'll be completely honest. I didn't want to write this review. In fact, I was pretty mad that I had to do it. Those that have followed my promotions at BTG know that I have talked about Hearts Under Fire since their Letters EP. I ranted and raved about how good their follow up ,We've Come Too Far To Live In The Past, was as well. So, here we are after two excellent Eps and a new full length that bests both of those releases and i'm still talking about them on a website dedicated to promoting unsigned and small label bands. Why?

   I guess since this is a review I should tell you that the harmonies in this release are nothing short of amazing. The tracks compliment each other well, giving the album a very cohesive feel while still having enough variety to warrant multiple plays. I could tell you that Mary's vocals have never been better, and quite effectively go from aggressive to soft and emotional without ever missing a beat. I could tell you that "Colours" and "This Can't Be Love" are two of the most addictive songs ever and will be ringing in my head for years to come. I could tell you that this is one of the best albums I've ever heard. I could actually tell you a lot of things, but i'm much too angry to talk anymore about it. The fact that i'm still talking about this band on a small website dedicated to bands that haven't made it yet is quite frankly, ridiculous. 

   Oh yes, we need one of those nifty quotes to put on all the press releases for it to be a full-fledged review. All right then:
"Hearts Under Fire has completed yet another masterpiece. In their first full length release the band showcases their amazing harmonies and skilled song composition. One of the best this year."

   Please, for the love of all that's holy, share the band's videos. Go talk about them to your friends. Post them everywhere. Just give them the credit they deserve. I don't ever want to have to write about this band again. Go follow Hearts Under Fire on Facebook and Twitter.
Score : 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment